Bright Morning Stars
Bright morning stars are rising
Bright morning stars are rising
Bright morning stars are rising
Day is a breaking in my soul.
Oh, where are our dear mothers?
Oh, where are our dear mothers?
They are down in the valley praying
Day is a breaking in my soul.
Oh, where are our dear fathers?
Oh, where are our dear fathers?
They have gone to heaven shouting
Day is a breaking in my soul.
Bright morning stars are rising
Bright morning stars are rising
Bright morning stars are rising
Day is a breaking in my soul.
Siúl a Rúin (Walk my love)
I wish I were on yonder hill
It's there I'd sit and cry my fill
And every tear would turn the mill
Is go dté tú mo mhúirnin slán
Siúl, siúl, siúl a rún
Siúl go socair 'is siúl go ciúin
Siúl go doras agus éalaigh liom
Is go dté tú mo mhúirnin slán
I'll sell my rock, I'll sell my rell
I'll sell my only spinning wheel
For to buy my true love a coat of steel
Is go dté tú mo mhúirnin slán.
Siúl, siúl, siúl a rún
Siúl go socair 'is siúl go ciúin
Siúl go doras agus éalaigh liom
Is go dté tú mo mhúirnin slán
I'll dye my petticoats, I'll dye them red
And round the world I'll beg for some bread
Until my parents would wish me dead
Is go dté tú mo mhúirnin slán
Siúl, siúl, siúl a rún
Siúl go socair 'is siúl go ciúin
Siúl go doras agus éalaigh liom
Is go dté tú mo mhúirnin slán
And now my love has gone to France
To try his fortune to advance
If he ne'er came back there'll be but a chance
Is go dté tú mo mhúirnin slán
Siúl, siúl, siúl a rún
Siúl go socair 'is siúl go ciúin
Siúl go doras agus éalaigh liom
Is go dté tú mo mhúirnin slán
Is go dté tú mo mhúirnin slán...
Grey Funnel Line
Don't mind the rain or the rolling sea
The weary night never worries me
But the hardest time in a sailor's day
Is to watch the sun as it dies away
Here's one more day on the Grey Funnel Line.
The finest ship that sails the sea
Is still a prison for the likes of me
But give me wings like Noah's dove
I'll fly up harbour to the girl I love
Here's one more day on the Grey Funnel Line.
Oh once my heart was wild and free
Like a flashing spar on the open sea
But now that spar has washed ashore
And come to rest at my true love's door
Here's one more day on the Grey Funnel Line.
Each time I gaxe behind the screws
Makes me long for Saint Peter's shoes
I'd dance on down that Walker Shore
And rest in my true love's arms once more
Here's one more day on the Grey Funnel Line.
Oh Lord if dreams were only real
I'd feel my hands on that wooden wheel
And with all my heart I'd turn her round
And tell the boys that we're homeward bound
Here's one more day on the Grey Funnel Line.
The Old Triangle
A hungry feeling came o'er me stealing
And the mice were squealing
In my prison cell
And the old triangle
Went jingle jangle
All along the banks
Of the Royal Canal
To begin the morning
The warder's bawling
"Get out of bed
And clean up your cell"
And the old triangle
Went jingle jangle
All along the banks
Of the Royal Canal
On a fine spring evening
The lag lay dreaming
The seagulls wheeling
High above the wall
And the old triangle
Went jingle jangle
All along the banks
Of the Royal Canal
The screw was peeping
The lag was sleeping
While he lay weeping
For his girl Sal
And the old triangle
Went jingle jangle
All along the banks
Of the Royal Canal
The wind was rising
And the day declining
As I lay pining
In my prison cell
And the old triangle
Went jingle jangle
All along the banks
Of the Royal Canal
In the female prison
There are seventy women
I wish it was with them
That I did dwell
And the old triangle
Went jingle jangle
All along the banks
Of the Royal Canal
The day was dying
And the wind was sighing
As I lay crying
In my prison cell
And the old triangle
Went jingle jangle
All along the banks
Of the Royal Canal
The Parting Glass
Of all the money that e'er I had I spent it in good company
And all the thing that e'er I've done, Alas, they've harmed none but me
And all I've done for want of wit to memory now I can't recall
So fill to me the parting glass, good night and joy be with you all.
Of all the comrades that e'er I had, they're sorry for my going away
And all the sweethearts that e'er I had they'd wish me one more day to stay
But since it falls into my lot that I should rise and you should not
I'll gently rise and softly call "Good night and joy be with you all".
A man may dring and not be drunk, a man may fight and not be slain
A man may court a pretty girl, and perhaps be welcomed back again
But since it has so ordered been, By a time to rise and a time to fall
Come fill to me the parting glass, good night and joy be with you all-
If I had money enough to spend and leisure time to sit a while,
There is a fair maid in this town who sorely has my heart beguiled,
Her rosey cheeks, her ruby lips, alone they have my heart enthralled,
So fill to me the parting glass, good night and joy be with you all.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario